Knowledge Centre is established along with the parent institution in the year 1980 with prime objective is to support the parent organization programs. It is having independent, functionally designed building and it is a colorful feather in the cap of the college. The physical place of the Knowledge Centre is in the ecological climate and convenient accessible to the different group of library users.
The mission of the knowledge centre is to make its resources available and useful to academic community and sustain and preserve a universal collection of knowledge and creativity of future generations.
The quiver of the knowledge centre enfolded e-library and integrated with regular class room learning through campus network for supporting to enhance the body of knowledge. It is also fostered the distribution units at the departments for timely access of needed information at work place. The knowledge resource of the library is a soul and oxygen for healthy development of education excellence
Knowledge Centre’s Core System is automated with SOUL Software for housekeeping operations. It is collaborated with national information network agencies for developing sharing culture of e-resources and database.
LAWS OF LIBRARY SCIENCE
- Books are for Use
- Books are for all
- Every Book its User
- Save the time of the User
- A Library is a Growing Organism
Padma Shri. S.R. Ranganthan
Building the Knowledge Centre as
“State of the Art”
To Support the Parent Organization’s teaching and learning process for enhancing An
Academic Excellence and for developing the Users as
Self Learners and Life Long Learners for sustainable development.
Knowledge Centre integrated its Goals and Objectives with its Strategic Plan.
- To focus on Users’ Centered Value Added Services
- To design and develop the Cost Effective Service Packages
- To Enhance the Efficiency of Library Process System
- To Motivate and Encourage the Library Staff to update their Knowledge and Competencies for readiness.
- To safeguard the interest and benefits of the stake holders
SMART Objectives are framed for achieving the goals through holistic and robust approach to improve its performance and service quality.
- To create Eco-Friendly, Eco-Efficient environment and facilitate to Access and Usage of knowledge contents
- To develop the Global Standard Information Collection
- To conduct awareness orientation to the Users, about library sources and Services and Searching Techniques
- To “Collaborate” with National Information Network Agencies for sharing of knowledge contents
- To integrate ICT system with library system for providing Just In Time (JIT) Services
To encourage the library staff for higher studies, workshops, conferences and seminar
Reference Section 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
8.00 am to 4.00 pm
Lending Section 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Carpet Area : 970 Sqm
Seating Capcity : 150
SOURCES AT KNOWLEDGE CENTER
Number of Print Media : 96
No. of E- Journals Packages:
Packages (IEEE, ASCE, Springer (Electrical, Electronics &CS;), Springer (Mechanical), J Gate (GET) , J Gate (Management), Access Engineering Library ASTM Digital Library and EBSCO
Number of Titles of Books : 8,712
Number of Volumes of Books : 1,20,018
No. E-books :
Services at Knowledge Center
Inter Library Loan (ILL)
Book Bank Service
Question Bank Service
IN HOUSE USERS
Number of Staff Users : 301
Number of Student Users
U.G Programmes (B.E): 2750
P.G Programmes : (ME, MBA and MCA) : 240
No of Research Scholors : 10
The following Drives incorporated with Core Knowledge Process System of Library as inputs for driven of Holistic and Value Added Services.
- Standards & Norms of AICTE, New Delhi
- Standards & Norms of VTU, Belgaum.
- Prescribed Syllabus of VTU, Belgaum
- Books Selection Tools (Publishers /Vendors Catalogue)
- Code of Classification: Dewey decimal classification (DDC-21edition.)
- Code of Cataloguing:
Anglo American Cataloguing Rules-II (AAC-II )
- Library Management Software:
SOUL software (developed by INFLIBNET, UGC, Ahmadabad)
- Library Manual & Guides
- Users Awareness Orientation : (about Library Sources, Services and Knowledge Contents Legal Issues and Searching Techniques)
- Motivation to Employees for readiness
- Library Users’ Feed back (for design of Value Added Services )
- Library User Care (Sympathy and Empathy)
- Best Practices (Key Quality Indicators)
The following Process Control Techniques are adopted with Core Process System of Library as measures for Strengthening of Knowledge Centre
- Regulatory Control System (Rules & Regulations)
- Budgetary Control System (Allocation & Utilization)
- Information Pollution Control (Discarding & Proper Shelving)
- Inventory Control System
- Strategic Driven Control Devices [Identify Critical Success Factors (CSF) for developing Key Performance Indicators (KPI)]